cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

No Topic

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

No Topic

I have attached a sheet which extracts pipe lengths from a excel component and calculates the total lengths of each pipe string.

I have used the Submatrix function which I find messy and confusing to a none Mathcad user.

Would there be a better way of handling the data extracted from the excel component and not using the Submatrix function?

Regards

Mike
2 REPLIES 2

On 11/13/2009 9:13:08 AM, Armo wrote:
I have attached a sheet which extracts pipe lengths from a excel component and calculates the total lengths of each pipe string.

I have used the Submatrix function which I find messy and confusing to a none Mathcad user.

Would there be a better way of handling the data extracted from the excel component and not using the Submatrix function?

Could you explain a little further why you've chosen the format you have? (eg, using nonzeros to limit the number of elements extracted).

As far as I can tell, simply using the column operator directly should achieve what you want - the overhead of summing the zero elements is probably less than the performance decrease by using nonzeros.

Stuart
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:StuartBruff)

Stuart

100% correct. Sorry just having a blond day.

Regards

Mike
Top Tags