cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Odd Solve Loop Bug

KevinHardin
1-Newbie

Odd Solve Loop Bug

I am kind of new to MathCAD but I seem to be having a strange bug. I have a simple solve loop that works in one sheet. When I copy it to a new sheet I get the error "This variable is undefined". I can't seem to find any reason why it will work in the current sheet but won't in another one.

I attached the working copy. Can anyone else copy the entire loop into a new worksheet and have it still work?

Thanks in advanced.

Broken

Solve Loop Broken.JPG

Working

inSolve Loop Working.bmp

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you look on the original worksheet under Tools/Worksheet Options.../Calculation you will see that the 0/0=0 box is checked. When you copy to a new sheet, the default is that the 0/0=0 box is unchecked. So, at some point in the calculation a 0/0 occurs.

To avoid the problem you can either check the 0/0=0 box in the copy sheet, or simply replace the initial guess by 2 (which doesn't seem to incur a 0/0 problem).

Alan

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

If you look on the original worksheet under Tools/Worksheet Options.../Calculation you will see that the 0/0=0 box is checked. When you copy to a new sheet, the default is that the 0/0=0 box is unchecked. So, at some point in the calculation a 0/0 occurs.

To avoid the problem you can either check the 0/0=0 box in the copy sheet, or simply replace the initial guess by 2 (which doesn't seem to incur a 0/0 problem).

Alan

Announcements

Top Tags