cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Odesolve error - Reactor design

Juanneumann72
14-Alexandrite

Odesolve error - Reactor design

Hi, 

Im trying to solve an ODE equation system for an adiabatic closed reactor. When I try to solve via ODESOLVE all variables keep as straigth lines.

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

When I try to solve via ODESOLVE all variables keep as straigth lines.

Not, if you let solve the system with a much larger value for t.end and/or take a closer look..
I would say thats it a much slower reaction than you expected.

Werner_E_1-1638575564683.png

I have not the least expertise concerning the things you are trying to solve, but could it be that your equations expect the time milli- or micro seconds and you assumed seconds? Just a guess in the blue, though.

NA_10137510
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

Hi Mr. Wegner, thanks for your answer...

Let me put in context is a reactor for CH4 with complete and stoichometric complete combustion. Reaction takes miliseconds.

So i'm really newby using this mathcad function, so i cant identify how should I do the realition between step and time.

And now in the new file its not able to increase t.end over 89.. I repeat, really i dont know what means 89... but in the graphic the behavior seems correct (Temp is increasing, CH4 and O2 are consuming until 89).

I would appreciate a lot your help.

NA_10137510_0-1638604740059.png

It looks like the Temperature Tp is shooting up too high when time goes near 89.327 and the algorithm isn't converging anymore. The system might be unstable.
Sure that all equations you use are correct and that the temperature should be that high?
Werner_E_0-1638994840378.png

NA_10137510
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

Hi Mr. Werner.

I reformulate the problem and take the in millisecodns. The problem converged at 0.217ms. And about temperature... its correct, over 3300K aprox.

Thanks for your answer.

Top Tags