cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

One condition for multiple variable

jhossain
1-Newbie

One condition for multiple variable

Hi

How to solve for multiple variable with one condition?

for example: how to solve this problem using mathcad program, I use mathcad prime 3.0

if n>2

m=x+y+z

n=x+y

p=x-y-z

else

m=x*y*z

n=x*y

p=x*y/z

I know how to solve one variable with multiple conditions using "if condition" in Mathcad. i.e

m=if n>2 then.........if else.........else............

In this example I have accommodated few conditions for one variable. But in above program, there is one condition for few variables. and I don't want to use separate "if conditions" for each of the variable. I want to use one condition for each variable in one formula/block, if possible.

Thanks

Jahangir Hossain

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:jhossain)

Jahangir Hossain wrote:

Hi

for example: how to solve this problem using mathcad program, I use mathcad prime 3.0

if n>2

m=x+y+z

n=x+y

p=x-y-z

else

m=x*y*z

n=x*y

p=x*y/z

I know how to solve one variable with multiple conditions using "if condition" in Mathcad. i.e

In this example I have accommodated few conditions for one variable. But in above program, there is one condition for few variables. and I don't want to use separate "if conditions" for each of the variable. I want to use one condition for each variable in one formula/block, if possible.

I've got Prime 3.1, so posting the worksheet wouldn't be of much use to you, as Prime 3.1 files are not compatible with Prime 3.0.

Stuart

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Something like this?

Thanks Fred

It helped me.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:jhossain)

Jahangir Hossain wrote:

Hi

if n>2

m=x+y+z

n=x+y

p=x-y-z

else

m=x*y*z

n=x*y

p=x*y/z

I've got Prime 3.1, so posting the worksheet wouldn't be of much use to you, as Prime 3.1 files are not compatible with Prime 3.0.

Stuart

... or use Fred's functional version of Method 3!

Stuart

Thank you Stuart for your effort.

Top Tags