cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

PITA Email Notification Settings

IRstuff
3-Visitor

PITA Email Notification Settings

I just spent a rather tedious 5 minutes setting email notifications. There doesn't appear to be a single page to go to, and each forum needs to be individually set, and reset. They should ALL be on a single page, with check boxes, and you should be able to set or unset all of them with a single check box, and be able to individually set each forum on that same page.

TTFN

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipOakley
5-Regular Member
(To:IRstuff)

Eden,

Can you confirm what you mean by

each forum needs to be individually set, and reset.

I'm not sure what it is that I'd set & reset. I think I have updated my display name in my two accounts, and set the notifications etc in both, but I don't remember anything forum specific.

regards

Philip

No, this has to do with receiving emails whenever someone posts to a particular thread or forum. However, there doesn't appear to be a way to subscribe to the entire Mathcad community in one fell swoop, i.e., there is no "Receive email notifications" option for http://communities.ptc.com/community/mathcad as a whole.

TTFN

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

However, there doesn't appear to be a way to subscribe to the entire Mathcad community in one fell swoop

Another question for Dan, can this be done?

Mike

IRstuff
3-Visitor

So, another annoyance with the email notifications is that even though you've set the specific forum to notify, each individual thread display has no clue that you're already set for notification. If you're forgetful, you might just waste your time setting each individual thread to notify.

Seems to me that if the forum is already set for notification, then the thread display should show "email notification "On" from forum setting" rather than playing dumb.

TTFN

Top Tags