cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Peronal experiences with Madcad Prime 2.0 from Vibron

Vibron(Updated)
1-Newbie

Peronal experiences with Madcad Prime 2.0 from Vibron

To the community and to the programmers working with Mathcad Prime 2.0 from Vibron.

With a student edition it is impossible to get in contact with a programmer of Mathcad.

So I post here my experiences with it.

I am working on a new publication, formerly with Madcad 15, now with Madcad Prime 2.0.

I found a lot of circumstances which can be improved.

1.  the surface of Madcad shows no contrast. The look, fonts, background, everything is too pale, what a nonsens, fonts in pale black on a blue gray

background, after some time my eyes are hurting. One cannot enlarge fonts in the task bar. Within a task bar there are no further task bars. There is no possebility to change the surface as I need it.

2. There are no sufficient greec symbols. You point to the character map of microsoft but have you ever worked with these. The symbols in Madcad and in microsoft`s character map are different.. I write cursive in the mathematical part and the text editor does something else.

Furthermore I cannot take over the symbols of Mathcad as text. I have to take the symbols of Microsoft. But they are different in size. in shape, and after

I introduce a microsoft character as text the size jumps. First I write size 11 afterwards I get size 13 or larger..

Can you tell me why do you mix up different stils ?

3. To control my mathematical work is an other severe problem.

For example in a (3,6) matrix each place in the matrix is filled up with expressions. It is impossible to distinguish these. They are too close together. It should be possible to highlight each place in a matrix, if I want to control each place.

4. A real weakness is  `copy and paste `in very long expressions which reach out very far beyond the right border  of the screen. In madcad 15 I could mark the right edge of an expression far outside the screen. I clicked in the expression  and  automatically the expression runs to the left side, I could mark all I want even it was outside the screen. In Madcad Prime 2.0 it is not possible to do that. You could argue scale it down. I did it, but one reaches very quick the end of the maneuver. The contence of a matrix will become so small that one cannot see anything. Here one has reached the limits of Madcad. From here on it calls:  Rien ne va plus.

5. Why do you have not taken over   TEX, TEX is open source, it is a professional programm to publish mathematical text. Text and and mathematical

expressions are of the same stil, size, shape, everything fits.

In Madcad a lot is different. Your text editor does not fit to the mathematical expressions. Mathematical symbols as text look terrible.

6.  Why do I have to work with an operator d/d(q) when I need ( q point) or (q slash).  Whe I click in the task bar on d/dx you have to offer an other task bar with several possebilities:  for example:  total derevative, point on top of variable, slash on top, partial derevative.

I need an active partial derevative. I can do it with a total derevative d/dt  but it looks terrible and mathematical it  defenitly wrong.

One cannot take apples for peaches or exchange these.

7.  Why is not possible to offer a draft with strong rules: Header, summary main part of publication, conclusion, literatur.

Thats my contribution to Mathcad Prime 2.0

Kindly

Vibron

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags