cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Plot title text gets destroyed.

ptc-2188719
1-Newbie

Plot title text gets destroyed.

I am using Mathcad 14 but save the files in Mathcad Version 12 to avoid backward compatability issues for students taking my class. I find that the text used for plot titles frequently gets messed up - usually printing out a series of ramdom greek leters. Even after going back a correcting the text, at some point the lable tet gets messed up again. I have attached a file that illustrates the point - see the title of the first plot.

13 REPLIES 13

Version 12 was the worst version of Mathcad in recent history.

Try saving back to version 11 (which was, until version 15) the last best version. That may correct the problem or may not.

But could you provide (for testing) this file saved for Mathcad 14 version (without this issue)?

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-2188719)

I am afraid some things just can't be saved backwards well, and one of them is, under certain circumstances, the text on plots. Version 14 and 15 support full Unicode in such text, version 12 does not. If you stick to simple ASCII text it should save OK though. What did the title originally say?

The first plot should have read:

"Response of Closed Form Exponential Sequence"

The same file save in version 14 format cam be downloaded at:

http://www.ece.uidaho.edu/ee/classes/ECE476/MathcadFiles/L6-7.xmcd

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Well, that is strange. There iare no unusual characters in the title, and the corrupted title contains more characters than the original.

Which version of 14 are you using?

It also happens if saved from M15 and if saved back to M11 (though not to M13).

The problem is the length of the title. Shorten the titles and everything works ok - see attached, which has been saved in M12 format. If you must have a longer title you'll need to do something like write it as text outside the graph and drag that onto the graph.

Alan

I'll try shorter titles in the future., Thanks.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:AlanStevens)

Good catch. You are right. I had forgotten that at some point (probably 13 by the sound of it) they increased the maximum length of the title.

I am using Mathcad 14.0 M020 (14.0.2.5 [802141434])

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

You should report the issue to technical support.

Mike

I will report this issue to PTC's technical support.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

Vladimir beat me to it

Mike

That's ok.

This issue was reported as SPR 2115032 (this problem with display of a legend of the plot will be solved, if it relates to MC15, since for MC12 technical supports don't exist any more).

Top Tags