cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Plotting error help: "this value must be a real number"

ecihan
3-Visitor

Plotting error help: "this value must be a real number"

Can anyone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? I can't seem to get a plot that shows, Eavg on the y-axis and Eavg(C1) on the x-axis...

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Your graph is only plotting two points 0 and 1.  Prime draws the straight line between these two points.

I have corrected it so it plots 11 points 0,0.1..10.  I have formatted the plot to show these points.  It is now not a straight line but a smoothed line through these points.

Capture.JPG

Eo is a constant so it is easy to plot its graph against C1

Capture2.JPG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Try please

E(C):=...

C:=1*unit, 1.001*unit..10*unit

and plot the graph  E(C) as function C

Or send please the sheet!

Hi,

Capture.JPG

Thanks! I've modifed the formula a bit and the plot of Eeff seems to be correct as the volume fraction, C1 increases to 1.  Another question, would it be possible to plot the line of Eeff/Eo as a function of C1?  If so, how would I go about doing it?  I've been trying but no avial...

Edit: is this way of plotting C1 only plotting two points, 0 and 1? or are there numerous points being plotted inbetween 0 to 1?

Capture.PNG

Hi,

Your graph is only plotting two points 0 and 1.  Prime draws the straight line between these two points.

I have corrected it so it plots 11 points 0,0.1..10.  I have formatted the plot to show these points.  It is now not a straight line but a smoothed line through these points.

Capture.JPG

Eo is a constant so it is easy to plot its graph against C1

Capture2.JPG

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ecihan)

Eavg is not a variable, it's a function name. Specifically, it's a function that depends on C1, so you need to plot Eavg(C1) against C1 (as Terry shows).

Top Tags