cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Prime 6

ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV

Prime 6

The 6 is not good number:

Ward No. 6 by Anton Chekhov

etc

I am waiting for Prime 7.

The 7 is a good number:

7 dimension in SI

7 days in week

7 notes in a scale

7 colors of the rainbow

7 ancient sages

7 Wonders of the World

etc

What would you have in Prime 7 in first line?

4 REPLIES 4
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ValeryOchkov)

To be able to save worksheets in the 7 preceding file formats:

Prime 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 & Mathcad 15

That 'll make a lot of people happy.

I count my blessings and will not wish for save to Mathcad 11.

Luc

This little label error not solved yet. (automatic label instead of function label for min)

clipboard_image_0.png

DJF
16-Pearl
16-Pearl
(To:Alvaro_95)

I reported that once and actually got a response.  It isn't an 'error' per se.  It's an actual decision.  The logic being that min is both a function and a unit (minutes).  Now, I'd think it'd be a simple matter for the program to realize which one it is and change the font accordingly.  

Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:DJF)

@DJF wrote:

I reported that once and actually got a response.  It isn't an 'error' per se.  It's an actual decision.  The logic being that min is both a function and a unit (minutes).  Now, I'd think it'd be a simple matter for the program to realize which one it is and change the font accordingly.  

While this is just a minor annoyance, the explanation with function vs. unit is not conclusive, not logical  for me.

"min" shows up in italics as a variable, not as a function and not as a unit. Whats the logic behind this actual decision? Is it something like "We don't know if its a function or a unit, so lets make a joke and confuse the user and show it as a variable" ?

Furthermore the result is correct, so obviously Prime "knows" that min is meant as function here and correctly acts accordingly. There is no reason for displaying it like a variable. So I still see that quite as a bug, but just as a small, negligible one, as it affects only the presentation/display and not the functionality. Unfortunately, the auto-label feature of Prime has a few grosser inconsistencies to offer and is often wrong enough in a way that seriously compromises functionality. These errors are usually quite hard to find, as a wealth of inquiries here in the forum show.

Top Tags