cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Properties of water and steam by IAPWS-IF97 formulation - part 1

ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV

Properties of water and steam by IAPWS-IF97 formulation - part 1

IAPWS-IF97 formulation - http://www.iapws.org/relguide/IF97-Rev.pdf

If you do a reference on the link http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/TTHB/NPP/mathcad-functions/H2O.xmcdz in your work-sheet.

You can find in attach some same functions for Mathcad Prime too.

Some functions with properties of water and steam will be visible in the sheet as it is showed on this picture:

Mathcad-functions-H2O.png

Prof. Valery Ochkov - a member of the Working Group of The International Association for the Properties of Water and Steam

13 REPLIES 13

If you have this functions and some others in your sheet you can calculate for example one Thermal Power Cycle:

7-WWR.PNG

We can use WaterSteamPro functions (www.wsp.ru) in Mathcad Prime 3 now. For the plotting h, s-diagram for example (saturated lines, an isobar, an isotherm and isohor of the zero point):

10-1.png

10-2.png

thx

sesem sesem wrote:

thx

You welcome!

Can you show us how do you use this link?

Now we can do in Mathcad 15 a shorter link:

H2O.png

Hi Valery

Would it be possible to get a function for specific enthalpy, as function of pressure and specific entropy?

Best regards

See please www.wsp.ru

Mathcad 15

Mathcad Prim  3.1:

Or (Mathcad 15) free of charge for students by using cloud functions

Hi Valery, thank you for your attention.

I have installed WaterSteamPro on my PC, and I it works in Mathcad 15, but I can't get the it to work in prime. I have copied the "wspmcad.dll" file to the custom functions folder in Prime. However that does not seem, to do the job. I'm probably doing something wrong? I am on 64-bit system.
Is it possible that you could upload a mcdx. file, with HPS- function. Similar to the ones you have already uploaded.

This would be a huge help in my studies as a marine engineer.

Thanks in advcance

Rasmus,

I try to convert WSP for the 64-bit Prime in short time!

Now you can (as future marine engineer) study this article (marine+Mathcad)

A SHIP WILL SAIL THE WAY YOU CALCULATED AND NAMED IT

The article discusses the calculation of sustainable ships in fresh and seawater based on re-viewed the forces acting on the ship. A laboratory work, covering physics, mathematics and infor-matics is given.

Keywords: ship stability, center of gravity, center of buoyancy, Archimedes' principle, fresh water, seawater, density of water.

Can you translate it in English?

See please http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/ochkov/Ship.pdf

Hi Valery

I will be looking forward to 64-bit version.

Thank you for your attention

OK.

With Prime 4.

Rasmus Madsen написал(а):

Hi Valery

I will be looking forward to 64-bit version.

Thank you for your attention

Now you can download WaterSteamPro for 64-bit version of Mathcad Prime!

Good luck!

Hi Valery

Thank you!
But I'm sorry to bother you once again. But where do I find the new DLL file, the one I find in (a new installation) the userefi folder is apperantly from 2012?
Could you please provide a link, to where I download the file?

Regards
Bla.png

Sorry, we are working with this bug!

Top Tags