cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Recover MathCad prime 4.0 document HELP!

thomassn1995
3-Visitor

Recover MathCad prime 4.0 document HELP!

Hey im going to exam monday. 
Unfortunately I can open my notes anymore. 

Can someone please help me. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The first file (Pumpeopgaver#.mcdx) appears to be corrupt beyond repair.  The file contents are just a bunch of NUL characters.  Hopefully you have a backup somewhere.

The second file appears to be repairable.  However, since I only have Prime 3.1, I just get an incompatibility error when I try to open it.  Can you tell us what error you get when trying to open it in Prime 4.0?

EDIT: for the first file, there's also a possibility that it just didn't upload properly.  Probably unlikely, but worth checking.  On your end, right-click the file, choose "open with" and open it with Notepad or similar.  If it looks like a bunch of spaces or NUL characters, then it can't be repaired.

EDIT2: I decided to go ahead and install Prime 4.0 Express.  After doing so, I can open the second file without problem.  As noted above, please indicate what error you get when trying to open the document.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

The first file (Pumpeopgaver#.mcdx) appears to be corrupt beyond repair.  The file contents are just a bunch of NUL characters.  Hopefully you have a backup somewhere.

The second file appears to be repairable.  However, since I only have Prime 3.1, I just get an incompatibility error when I try to open it.  Can you tell us what error you get when trying to open it in Prime 4.0?

EDIT: for the first file, there's also a possibility that it just didn't upload properly.  Probably unlikely, but worth checking.  On your end, right-click the file, choose "open with" and open it with Notepad or similar.  If it looks like a bunch of spaces or NUL characters, then it can't be repaired.

EDIT2: I decided to go ahead and install Prime 4.0 Express.  After doing so, I can open the second file without problem.  As noted above, please indicate what error you get when trying to open the document.

Hey thanks 

I just did try downloading both files that I did upload at this site. Now I can open the second file. But not the first file. At the start I got the same message from Mathcad at both files. About the file type is not at mathcad prime file. 

Is really strange... 

I won't bother to look at the file, because I trust MJG. If the file is all NUL characters, it's permanently trashed. This problem is years old, but PTC is either unwilling or incapable of fixing it. Sorry.

See please the PDF variant of the second sheet

Top Tags