cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Reinstalling, resetting single user license

LQNgineer
1-Newbie

Reinstalling, resetting single user license

I'm frustrated, I had MathCad 14 installed on my laptop when my drive crashed. I'm trying to reinstall on my new drive when I get the message that I have exceeded the maximum number of single user licenses and rather than tell me were to obtain help, it suggest only buying additional licenses. We bought the software because my granddaughter needed to use it for a college class. I'm stuck as she is in a summer class and I can't the software to run on the same laptop.

I've put in a ticket for help but never received and answer.

Can anyone help me with this as I am frustrated. I've had tremendous help from all of the other software venders I've had to contact when reinstalling software.

Thank you in advance for any help on this matter

LQNgineer

5 REPLIES 5
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:LQNgineer)

Try going to http://www.ptc.com/support/mathcad.htm, then choose Single User, then click on the link below that says "Mathcad Single User and Student Call Login for licensing and install.

Mona

IRstuff
3-Visitor
(To:mzeftel)

That seems to work. I just got a license file from PTC i nthe email this morning.

Thank you very much for the help. I went to the site you posted and was able to request a new single user license. I have followed the instructions and am awaiting an e-mail reply.

My only complaint is that it is difficult to find the steps necessary to seek the single user license. I originally posted the help request through PTC support but did not get a reply. I took the chance to post a help request on the forum and you were the first to respond. I only wish that PTC would make the assistance when a single user needs support more user friendly. Do you know if there is a phone number to call for help in the US (California or anywhere in the US for that matter). It would have made it much easier and faster to obtain help.

Again, thank you so much for you assistance.

Dennis

We now have a customer support staff dedicated to Mathcad installation and licensing issues. You can reach him at -

Mona

Top Tags