cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Scrap Prime 4 and give us Mathcad 16

MarkBuckton
4-Participant

Scrap Prime 4 and give us Mathcad 16

The only thing that people seem to like about Mathcad Prime is its better unit handling. If my assertion is true and it is also true that Prime and MC15 are still using the Mathcad 12 kernel why not just incorporate the better unit handling in Mathcad 15? What other benefits does Prime have over MC15? If PTC. believes a MS ribbon interface is cool that's fine and they are at liberty to have ribbon version which they can use internally if that keeps them happy. So here is my solution for PTC. Get 2 good programmers for 2 months. One programmer works on incorporating the new unit handling into MC15 and the other works on incorporating the new numerical solvers. Allow a month for quality assurance and ship Mathcad 16 on August 1 2014. Every Mathcad user is happy PTC is happy also because it can continue to play with its toy version of Mathcad Prime internally and let the users concentrate on what should be in the Mathcad 17. Afterall without us there is no Mathcad, yet PTC never asks its users what they want in the program. Are PTC software builders or demolishes users have the right to decide who they are employing, we pay their wages, after all we are PTC clients but I think they have forgotten that. It's about time they put away their toys and grow up.

I Hope others feel the same.

regards Mark

60 REPLIES 60

Oh how true, sadly true this is

Raiko

Announcements

Top Tags