cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Section Selection

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Section Selection

I have written a program which selects a suitable section size for a given area and moment of inertia. The programs looks up the excel tables named (equal/unequal) and gives a section size for both angles.

After the program has selected the correct section size I need to extract properties from the table which correspond to the chosen angles.
I have written a mini program called data this selects the correct column and gives the correct outputs but the answers come out in brackets. (Which indicate a matrix I think?)

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Mike
4 REPLIES 4

You work too hard.
(To:TomGutman)

Thanks for the help Tom and the advice in the sheet.

I'm still trying to get my head around the programming in Mathcad.

Regards

Mike

>You work too hard.<<br> ... and ...
why do you carry such a voluminous library of things exceptionally odd. Just select the applicable utilities. Looking at your original work sheet, one may wonder if Mathcad is at the age of the 0's 1's even before the age of computers. Why do you need an Excel data ? For checking and traceability, an image of the page of the applicable standard is needed (51 rows fit in one page) ... on that image, insert a red line that you can slide up/down and check all the searches from the little program.

What I'm saying: keep your work sheet minimal and modular.

jmG
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-1368288)

Cheers for the advice and help jMG.

Regards

Mike
Announcements

Top Tags