cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Solve equations system for motion law

gfraulini
17-Peridot

Solve equations system for motion law

Hi folks,
it has been passed some years from my last use of mathcad...
I want to solve a system of equation by using the Solve Blok to find the coefficients for the displacement and velocity of a m otion law with "pure" traphezoid shape of the acceleration.
I don't understand where I'm wrong.
n. equations = n. of variables

5 REPLIES 5
ppal
17-Peridot
(To:gfraulini)

ppal_1-1715658075824.png

gfraulini
17-Peridot
(To:ppal)

ra is the time the acceleration need to reach the max.

gfraulini_0-1715659693368.png

It is unknown and, by means of mu, it is inside every funzion of v or s.

Because you assume a symmetrical trpezoid, as I see it you only have three independent variables: a.max, r.a and TT !?

But basically you have only one equation: s(T)=s.max with T= 4*r.a+2*TT and s(t) being the integral of the integral of a(t) from 0 to t.

Because of symmetry we could also use s(T/2)=1/2*s.max

So we should expect an infinite number of solutions (as Prime also says) and the 14 variables which you introduce would be highly dependable on each other, I guess.

I created  function d for displacement with the three parameters r.a, TT and a.max.

You can choose any (reasonable) value for two of them and can derive the value of the third one so the max displacement is a given value (1 meter in the examples below):

Werner_E_0-1715690175730.png

Prime 10 worksheet attached

Hi @gfraulini,

I wanted to follow up with you on your post to see if your question has been answered. 
If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so that we can continue to help you. 

Thanks,
Anurag

Top Tags