cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Solving an equation

pgutowski
1-Newbie

Solving an equation

Hello everyone,

I'm new new to using PTC Mathcad and I'm wondering, if there is a method to solve a trigonometric equation with infinite number of solutions (let's say I need just a few of them) and not using given/find structure.

Thanks in advance for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:pgutowski)

Turn the solve block into a function of Bi and z. Then you can pass it different values of Bi and guess values

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

What's wrong with the Given-Find structure?

Symbolic solve ist limited but you may have luck finding solutions to meet a certain constraint using "assume" or fiind "all" solutions using the keyword "fully".

You may use a solve block with symbolic evaluation, too, but I'd prefer the solve command.

Regards Werner

Thank you very much for your reply. Unfortunately, I still have a problem with this exemple, but now I am able to show you exactly what I mean.

Let's say, I have to solve this. I need at least 7-8 first solutions of this equation. I could use given/find, but I would like to change parameter Bi in the future and then I would have to change guess values as well. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

math.jpg

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Turn the solve block into a function of Bi and z. Then you can pass it different values of Bi and guess values

Top Tags