cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are troubleshooting an issue impacting community login, and it may be intermittently unavailable. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Trouble with simple explicit all equation

MN_10008536
2-Guest

Trouble with simple explicit all equation

Hi does anyone know this issues?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:LucMeekes)

So obviously something get worse on the way from P6 to P8.
In P6 the numerical evaluation after the symbolic "explicit" works OK even though the symbolic had turned the unit meter into a variable. And it works even though the calculation option "Units/Constants in Symbolics" is not checked!

Werner_E_0-1661180065643.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:MN_10008536)

Hey Mark,

First off: You should attach your Prime worksheet, not just a picture.

To answer your question: Yes.

This is what you normally get:

LucMeekes_0-1661177913352.png

In my (the above) case, variables are in blue italic, units are in blue roman (upright) font.

What you see is that the symbolic engine of Prime doesn't understand the units for metre, it converts them to variables, and the variable m is undefined, hence Prime cannot (numerically) calculate the result.

There is a setting under the Calculation tab, to have Prime understand units in symbolics, but that does not always work...

Success!
Luc

Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:LucMeekes)

So obviously something get worse on the way from P6 to P8.
In P6 the numerical evaluation after the symbolic "explicit" works OK even though the symbolic had turned the unit meter into a variable. And it works even though the calculation option "Units/Constants in Symbolics" is not checked!

Werner_E_0-1661180065643.png

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Werner_E)

Prime 7:

LucMeekes_0-1661180693306.png

One more item to add to the list of Improvements Changes going from Prime 7 to 8...

Thanks alot guys. I've never experienced this issue while working with Mathcad the past 2 years, but after upgrading to Prime 8.0.0.0 it suddently didn't work. Im glad this didn't happen to me 3 months ago before a crucial test in my school. But as you said, after I looked at the calculation tab it worked perfect again.

Announcements

Top Tags