cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Using arrays in a solver function

ptc-4310378
1-Newbie

Using arrays in a solver function

Am a casual MCad user on V 2001.

In attachement, tried to apply a solver function to an array but it doesnt't take it. Is there a way to set up the function so it can process an array or is a program the only work around (beside an upgrade....)?

Please ignore the fact that the case shown in the sheet could easily be handled w/o the solver. This is just to test the structure for a case w/o analytical solution.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I am using Mathcad 14 and it works, if you vectorize RRs(p). Hope this helps in version 2001, too,

Mathcad 14 is not able to save in an format which version 2001 can read, so I am attaching a screenshot.

BTW - does anybody know, what the meaning of "p(p)" in the symbolically evaluated function RRs(p) is?

Looks like p is taken as function AND argument - that can't be, or what?

Regards

WR

06.11.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I am using Mathcad 14 and it works, if you vectorize RRs(p). Hope this helps in version 2001, too,

Mathcad 14 is not able to save in an format which version 2001 can read, so I am attaching a screenshot.

BTW - does anybody know, what the meaning of "p(p)" in the symbolically evaluated function RRs(p) is?

Looks like p is taken as function AND argument - that can't be, or what?

Regards

WR

06.11.png

Thank you very much, WR. I had tried to vectorize all I could in 2001, to no avail. Glad to see it works in 14!

Much appreciated.

Regards

LM

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:rag)

winfrod rager wrote:

...BTW - does anybody know, what the meaning of "p(p)" in the symbolically evaluated function RRs(p) is?...

In a place of "p(p)" must be a variable "px". See screenshot:

Pic_1.jpg

rag
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:VladimirN)

Your evaluation worked, beacause px has a constant value (0.02). You may evaluate RRs(p) numerically for any value of p like any other function.

The notation p(p) is what concerns me - its strange and uncommon. I really don't have any idea what the meaning could be.

Playing around with that kind of thing it seems, that the "argument-p" is of no importance and the "function-p" is treated as a variable p.

You can not assign that function via f(x):=... but its possible to evaluate it for specific values.

You can type it in yourself but the meaning for mathcad is and stays unknown to me.

Just being curious.

WR

08.11.png

By the way, I found out that for the Solver function can be made to work with V2001 when applied to Arrays as unsuccessfully attempted in my original attached file: the Guess used in the definition of the function needs to be an Array the same size the function is applied to. Probably a mute observation as there are most likely few 2001 left around!

Top Tags