cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

What is a "home-use" license, and can I get one?

rschor
1-Newbie

What is a "home-use" license, and can I get one?

I have a single-user copy of MathCad that I purchased. According to the MathCad 14.0 FAQ, "Customers with commercial MathCad licenses (non-academic licenses)can obtain home use licenses as follows: ... Question 1 -- how do I tell if my license qualifies for a home-use license? Question 2 -- given that educators and students can't "write off" MathCad, why are academic licenses being excluded from the home-use policy? Shouldn't a student or professor be able to work both in school (office PC) and at home, particularly considering the non-profit nature of education? Question 3 -- if I do qualify for a home-use license, how do I go about obtaining it? I have been using MathCad for at least 15 years, and really enjoy using it -- it's always a joy when my work veers into "math", allowing me to return to MathCad.
1 REPLY 1

I believe they mean those on Enterprise licences, so that would exclude both Academic (which maybe multiple licences) and Single user licences. If your Enterprise has a suitable group licence you do get home use via the licence management tool on the PTC web site. You do need to know your sales order number etc. The normal ratio is 2 home use (which are then node locked) per 1 enterprise floating licence. Philip
Top Tags