cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

What is a trending topic ?

jeanGiraud
1-Newbie

What is a trending topic ?

... maybe I should ask the "Trending Fairy"

The IAST & the RAST extended 200 treads, done years ago.

Trending topics haven't changed for a month .

I vote for zapping "Trending topics".

jmG

4 REPLIES 4

Think of it as "What's Popular." And the topics begin to trend when Mathcad users either search on the topic and view the thread and/or reply to it. It hasn't changed because members either continue to search on the topics or are curious and click on Trending Topics widget.

-BostonDan

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:DanMarotta)

Even just searching can set it as a trending topic? I don't think I like that idea. There are some things people will search for a lot, a good example being "units". That should not set a particular thread as a trending topic though. The thread may have no bearing at all on what they were looking for in terms of units. Of course, by the time they have figured that out they will probably have looked at it!

Search as in browsing through threads. If they use the search tool, only when they click on a result would it count towards the trend.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:DanMarotta)

Yes, I realize that. My point was that certain search terms are going to be very common, and then PLanetPTC somehow decides which result to put first, which then gets clicked on, and that thread then gets listed as a trending topic, regardless of it's real relevance to the search.

I guess it does become a "popular" thread though, even if it is not very relevent, and therefore could be thought of as a "trending topic".

unsure.gif

Top Tags