cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Why I can't save mathcad file? Runtime error

BorisRadovskiy
4-Participant

Why I can't save mathcad file? Runtime error

When I’m trying to save MathCAD 14 file, sometimes it gives me a runtime error R6025 pure virtual function call. Faulting application – mathcad.exe. My system – Windows XP Professional. I can‘t save my file. I tried cleaning registry. No help.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

Hello,

Can you show a printscreen of what you trying to save?

Boris,

I have a few suggestions.

1. The Mathcad local assembly cache may be corrupted.

- Solution 2: Go to C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Local Settings\Application Data\Mathsoft\Mathcad and delete the folder named after your version. It is safe to delete that folder since launching Mathcad will result in the creation of a fresh copy of that folder. Next, launch Mathcad again.

2. Make sure you have the latest release of Mathcad 14, M020. You can check the release in the About Box under Help.

3. Do you have a reference to another worksheet, I see a bug logged that some users had a runtime error when they used the reference feature? If so, try removing the reference.

4. Make sure none of your areas are overlapping, that can cause issues in Mathcad 14.

5. Try reinstalling Mathcad 14.

6. Upgrade to Mathcad 15 M010, by purchasing a copy of Mathcad Prime 2.0. When you purchase Mathcad Prime 2.0, it includes a copy of the Mathcad 15 M010.

You'll also get a year of maintenance, which will include any releases during that year. Mathcad 15 M020 and Mathcad Prime 2.0 M010 are both releasing later this fall, and Mathcad Prime 3.0 is due out in the spring.

We've continued to fix bugs in Mathcad 15, so your issue may be fixed. We no longer support Mathcad 14.

Good luck,

Mona

Mona,

Thank you for fast response.

1. I can’t find the folder C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Local Settings\Application Data\Mathsoft\Mathcad named after my version. I actually have Mathcad 11 (2001i, which was golden software) and Mathcad 14, M020, version 14.0.2.5. They run on the same computer, but I never run them simultaneously. I have Mathcad 11 installed in the folder C:\Program Files\MathSoft\Mathcad 2000i Professional while Mathcad 14 installed in the folder C:\Program Files\Mathcad 14.

2. I think you are right: the overlapping areas might cause the issue. That file was big – around 4MB.

Thank you for your help,

Boris

Top Tags