cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

a little question to Ochkov

FanCG
1-Newbie

a little question to Ochkov

my question is focused on Page#39 of the book "chemical kinetics with mathcad and maple".

for the 1st row of the stoichiometric matrix, I think that the second element should be -1 instead of 1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ViktorKorobov
13-Aquamarine
(To:FanCG)

Dear Fan CG,

Thank you. Indeed, in the book there is a error in the stoichiometric matrix. You're right.
However, I do not recommend using chemical notation in symbolic calculations. Sometimes this leads to an error in Mathcad 11/13/14/15.

error in chemical notation.GIF

Viktor (Valery's co-author)

Viktor

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Tanks for the interest on the book!

Sorry,

I have no more copies of it.

Can you point me the picture number!

PS

Now we (Victor Koribov and me) have a new book: "Chemical calculations with Mathcad"

Valery Ochkov wrote:

...Can you point me the picture number!...

Page#39 from a book:

Pic_1.png

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

You can also find files to different chapters of the book here (select "download all files"):

http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/TTHB/New-Chem-Kin/En-ChemKin.html

Thanks!

You are right:

Chem39.png

One more error of the book

Now we have so (see http://www.springer.com/chemistry/physical+chemistry/book/978-3-7091-0530-6)

Chem1.png

but must be so:

Chem2.png

below attached is what I think it should be (assuming ORIGIN=1, I changed α(1,2) from 1 to -1)

捕获.PNG

ViktorKorobov
13-Aquamarine

Dear Fan CG,

Thank you. Indeed, in the book there is a error in the stoichiometric matrix. You're right.
However, I do not recommend using chemical notation in symbolic calculations. Sometimes this leads to an error in Mathcad 11/13/14/15.

error in chemical notation.GIF

Viktor (Valery's co-author)

Viktor
Top Tags