cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

develop equations?

ptc-5262155
1-Newbie

develop equations?

I am wondering if it is possible to get a result like this:

f(x):=2*x+5

x:=10

f(x)=2*10+5=25

I mean that Mathcad puts the x and shows the first step because retriving only f(x)=25 is less usefull than seeing from what values it is done

I do not want the programm to do it step by step like

f(x)=2*10+5=20+5=25

I just need to see the first step

ofc it is just a simply example to make it clear

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mathcad's explicit,ALL is right - the results are derived by picking a specific element from a vector and this is shown.

I know what you want to see, but it looks you can't get it.

The closest I could come up with was using the full vectors and the vectorization operator. See attached.

explicit_3.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

There is only very limited support for what you are asking for using symbolic evaluation with keyword "explicit", but it doesn't do what you demand if used for the function definition.

15.09.png

I mean that Mathcad puts the x and shows the first step

Thats exactly what explicit will do, unfortunately it shows the first step only, not the following. In case of f(x) the first step is to insert 10 for x.

I forgot to mention that I work in Prime 2.0

So according to what you say there is no chance that if I have a lot of defined functions and a set of variables and now I could change it in one line

Thank anyway it is still much easier!

Mik Kon wrote:

I forgot to mention that I work in Prime 2.0

"explicit" should work in Prime the same way

So according to what you say there is no chance that if I have a lot of defined functions and a set of variables and now I could change it in one line

Not sure what you mean with "change variables in one line"?

Can any of you solve this problem, I also tried putting Hi, H0 nothing works

explicit problem.png

is there any chance to make it more good looking?

I mean the matrix is too big, instead of showing 1st, 2nd ... item of this matrix

Mathcad's explicit,ALL is right - the results are derived by picking a specific element from a vector and this is shown.

I know what you want to see, but it looks you can't get it.

The closest I could come up with was using the full vectors and the vectorization operator. See attached.

explicit_3.png

Just realized that "explicit" works differently in Prime and does what you want 😉

explicit_2.png

Top Tags