cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

interpolation

Raj_mathcad
1-Newbie

interpolation

I am not able to get interpolation to work. See attached worksheet in m11 format..

Seems to be Mathcad did not like my knots vector..

Any suggestions..?

10 REPLIES 10

Raj sharma wrote:

I am not able to get interpolation to work. See attached worksheet in m11 format..

Seems to be Mathcad did not like my knots vector..

Any suggestions..?

There's no data in your worksheet, Raj. I created some arbitrary data and your worksheet seems OK. What problem are you experiencing (eg, error message)

Stuart

May be not interpolation but fitting - see the attach.

Sorry both of you. I believe the data on the table have been lost when I saved the worksheet in "mcd" format.

Here is my file again. I am getting an error "invalid interp. points"...

-Raj

Raj sharma wrote:

Sorry both of you. I believe the data on the table have been lost when I saved the worksheet in "mcd" format.

Here is my file again. I am getting an error "invalid interp. points"...

-Raj

Unfortunately, Raj, I only have M11 available at the moment - can you post the data separately, as say csv or xls?

Stuart

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:StuartBruff)

There you go Stuart.

Mike

The result strongly depends on number of knots of interpolation. Look an attachment. If N doesn't exceed 5 or 6 results turn out satisfactory. At 6 <N <10 we have bad results between knots. At N>10 we receive an error message.

Viktor

Viktor

The result strongly depends on number of knots of interpolation. Look an attachment. If N doesn't exceed 5 or 6 results turn out satisfactory. At 6 <N <10 we have bad results between knots. At N>10 we receive an error message.

Intresting.

I only reposted the worksheet in version 11 for Stuart, forgot to look myself.

Mike

Thanks Viktor. But, I am not able to open your worksheet and it says "Failed to open document"..

Can you zip and attach it?

Thanks in advance..

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Raj_mathcad)

Try this one. I successfully managed to download it.

Mike

Thanks Mike. It opens fine now..

Top Tags