cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

one server, one vendor, different licenses

ptc-4598633
1-Newbie

one server, one vendor, different licenses

Hi everyone,

we want to license the product Mathcad 14 and Mathcad 15 with the daemon pst_d.exe with two different licenses (Mathcad 14, Mathcad 15)

The flexera support said we need one license server for each license because the licenses use the same vendor daemon (ptc_d.exe)

But we want only one Server for every license. I hope I explain the topic clearly enough.

I tried to rename the daemon or tried different port-options, nothing helps.

It would be great to fix this problem and I'm very grateful for every tip.

Thank you very much!

with best regards,

Christoph

3 REPLIES 3

Hello,

Please post your message in Mathcad community, here:http://communities.ptc.com/community/mathcad

done

Christoph,

see the following example...

Imagine that you own two Mathcad licenses. Both licenses have active maintenance.

If you get current licence file, you will see that it contains two Mathcad Prime 2.0 licenses.

If you install license manager and use current licence file, then you can install and use Mathcad Prime 2.0 software, Mathcad Prime 1.0 software, Mathcad 15.0 software, Mathcad 14.0 software (on 1,2,3,4,... PCs).

You have two licenses, so on PC1 you can launch Mathcad 15.0 software and on PC2 you can launch Mathcad 14.0 software.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags