cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

problem to enter parentheses '(' on Czech layout keyboard in PTC MCAD

Zetka
1-Newbie

problem to enter parentheses '(' on Czech layout keyboard in PTC MCAD

Hello,

I am trying the PTC Mathcad Express 3.0, but just on the beginning I have met with an annoying problem with entering parentheses, for example to write y(x). On the Czech keyboard layout the "(" is located second key right to the letter "P" , the "(" is on the same key, but entered with shift. The problem is, that when I press the "(" key, in case of entering mathematical expression, nothing appears, nor the whole "( )" as written in help . The only way how to enter parenteses is to use Operator/Algebra menu and this is very annoying, because the parenteses are used very often.

It is interesting, that in case of entering text in text block the parentheses working without problem, so I suppose there is an error in entering the mathematical expression on the keyboard.

Has somebody find a way how to solve this problem/error it withouth changing to different keyboard layout?

Regards,

Zetka.

1 REPLY 1
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:Zetka)

Sounds really bad!

Prime seems not to have been tested with different foreign keyboard layouts which is an absolute no go.

With my german keyboard layout a lot of shortcurts are not working as decribed or are not working at all. Quite a pain especially given that getting the programing functions or various operators from the ribbon menu was implemented so amateurish and is extremely awkward and annyoing.

But not being able to enter parenthesis, as you describe, or the caret (^) as reportet by Italian users i seven worse. The discrepancy with keyboard shortcuts on German keyboards and the missing of the ^ on Italian keyboards was reported years ago when Prime 1 emerged but until now no adequate reaction of PTC.

Maybe understandable given that the whole program is catastrophe and just one big building site - so foreign keyboard layouts seem to have very low priority.

Whenever possible use Mathcad 15.

Top Tags