cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

"All About the Symbolic Engine in Mathcad Prime 7" webinar

TC
5-Regular Member
5-Regular Member

"All About the Symbolic Engine in Mathcad Prime 7" webinar

Thanks for the presentation presented by Ilia Novikov. The presentation was very informative for me. 

Please share on the forum the Mathcad file presented at the webinar. Thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2
DJNewman
17-Peridot
(To:TC)

We're glad you enjoyed the webinar! (As I write this, we have another webinar starting in an hour, Making the Move from Mathcad 15 to Mathcad Prime...)

Anyone can watch the Symbolic webinar replay, along with other recent Mathcad webinars (including the above one if you miss out on it), on-demand here: https://www.mathcad.com/en/resources/webcast/virtual-roadshow-replays/

I'm also attaching Ilia's two files here!

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:DJNewman)

From "Mathcad Prime 7 Symbolic Engine.mcdx" :

LucMeekes_0-1629836036564.png

I should think that this makes a stronger case:

LucMeekes_1-1629836091675.png

(Note that this is from Mathcad before version 14, where Maple is the symbolic engine and the default assumption for undefined variables is complex, as demonstrated by:LucMeekes_0-1629875651749.png

)

If you type this in Prime, without the assumption, and it still produces 0 as an answer, THEN you have demonstrated that the default assumption in Prime is for x to be real.

Likewise:

LucMeekes_2-1629836131134.png

LucMeekes_3-1629836161068.png

Further down:

LucMeekes_0-1629814056773.png

Neat!

(Mathcad 11 doesn't support defining a local function to a program:

LucMeekes_1-1629814444303.png

)

Now I wonder if/when Prime supports symbolic assignments in a program, so that there is a chance for building a function that symbolically solves ODE's with constant coefficients...

Luc

Top Tags