cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

"There is not enough memory for this calculaton"

KW_10193728
3-Visitor

"There is not enough memory for this calculaton"

Hello all,

I'm using Mathcad Prime 7.0.0.0 and during calculations I get warning message as in title. I have PC with 16GB RAM and when I monitor task manager Mathcad doesn't reach top border of available memory. There is still about 5GB free RAM. Other components as CPU ect. also doesn't work at full performance...so I don't know where is problem. I know that this topic was touched previously but that answers not fit to my issue. Thank you in advance

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

1. Can you upload your Mathcad Prime worksheet here?

2. What does your file contain? 

1. Yeah, of course

2. I'd like to conduct a complex symbolic calculation 

Hi,

Know this isn't helpful but could not resist.

I have PC with 128GB RAM and when I monitor task manager Prime doesn't reach anywhere near top border of available memory.

I know Prime can use 121GB from an earlier post on this forum with a memory intensive posters sample.

The problem is not lack of overall memory.  Perhaps the symbolic engine has an unpublished limit?

I have tried to use a few keywords but have no effect on out of memory message

Capture.JPG

Cheers

Terry

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:KW_10193728)

Observations:

- You defineLucMeekes_0-1643553214046.pngbut you never use it.

- You carry a parameter c as a function argument through several functions. In your definition of e(phi,f), at the point where you call the delta.g, t and s functions you supply them with c, which is predefined in Prime as the speed of light in vacuum. That's a constant, isn't it? I also see h and k which would be h (Planck) and k (Boltzmann). Am I right?

One question: You define a number of constants numerically. Why are you requesting a symbolic solution?

Chances are (high, even) that the symbolic processor chokes on your expressions. They are quite large.

Here is for example beta.gt() (I've changed your floating point values to symbols, to prevent expansion to ridiculously large numbers):

LucMeekes_1-1643553629993.png

(So this is using:

LucMeekes_0-1643556978800.png

then

LucMeekes_1-1643556993610.png

Which symbolically expands to:

LucMeekes_2-1643557015284.png

Likewise for the other E functions, and for the sigma functions use the sig tables.)

Can you expand that in Prime?

Another example, t.gt(phi,f):

LucMeekes_3-1643557901679.png

(don't be fooled, this light gray bar just above here contains the expansion, but it's so large...

Here's the first two pages of it:

LucMeekes_4-1643558059736.png

)

And can you expand the e(phi,f) function in Prime? I can't.

Success!
Luc

Top Tags