cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Anyway to duplicate properties in Manufacturing Apps?

bjagadesh
1-Newbie

Anyway to duplicate properties in Manufacturing Apps?

I am using manufacturing apps to create assets here. I have 10 lines and each line has a number of assets. For each asset I have a few additional properties to define.

I need to go to each asset I created and define these properties which is going to take some time. Is there any faster way to do it? I do not want to go to composer and define it because I don't fully understand the abstraction of the "add additional properties" function in the manufacturing apps UI (for example a value stream is automatically created in the backend etc??? just guessing here). If it is fully okay to go composer to use thing shapes I will do that, but prefer to hear the thoughts of developers here first.

PS: The current UI does not remember which kepware tag I last accessed so for each asset I have to traverse the hierarchy of my kepware tags repeatedly. Can this be set up as a feature request? Also if the tag field is made an editable string, one can quickly copy, paste and edit rather than traversing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:bjagadesh)

The best way to do this, if your Properties are all homogeneous, to create a ThingShape and add that to the model, you do need the full version of Thingworx for that.

Besides that I actually created an Import from CSV for the Manufacturing app, that also would require the full version of Thingworx and the Parsley extension

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:bjagadesh)

The best way to do this, if your Properties are all homogeneous, to create a ThingShape and add that to the model, you do need the full version of Thingworx for that.

Besides that I actually created an Import from CSV for the Manufacturing app, that also would require the full version of Thingworx and the Parsley extension

For additional information about this, please see the response from Varathan Ranganathan to a similar request in this thread:

Thing Templates and Shapes using Manufacturing Apps

Top Tags