cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Can't generate tag from Microsoft SQL database

Nuttapol
11-Garnet

Can't generate tag from Microsoft SQL database

I try to get data from Microsoft SQL database 2014 to Thingworx connectivity but it has error message " Failed to automatically generate tags for device 'Device1'."

I would like to know what is wrong in this case

please suggestion  me thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Nuttapol)

Hi @Nuttapol.

Please provide more details.  Is SQL Server configured as a data provider?  Are you using another app for pulling the data?  Is that the full error message or can you provide more details regarding the error?

Regards.

--Sharon

How should i do if i would like to get data from SQL database to Thingworx industrial connectivity. 

I do not use other software. I use Thingworx industrial connectivity only.

image.png

Hi Nuttapol,

This is a fairly common issue. There are a few things that could be at play.

Does the SQL server use Windows auth or Mixed mode? I am hoping you are going to say Mixed mode, and you have a SQL username and password.

Was the DSN configured as User or System DSN with the 32 bit version of SQL native client driver? Here I am hoping the answer is: Yes it’s a System DSN, built with the 32 bit SQL native client driver.

Is ThingWorx Industrial Connectivity’s runtime running as a service or in the interactive mode? The default is Service.

The ideal way to run is, as a service, to a system DSN, connecting to a SQL server that is using mixed mode auth, using your SQL username and password in the channel properties for the ODBC channel.

Rob

rkostenuk
4-Participant
(To:rsharp-2)

Hi Rob,

I am having the same issue using a MariaDB ODBC data source. I configured a 32-bit system DSN (MariaDB ODBC 3.1 Driver) and mixed mode auth. The server runtime is also set to system service. 

Is there anything else that could cause this? 

Thank you,

Reid

Top Tags