cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Connect Manufacturing Apps to KEPServerEX

mwu-21
4-Participant

Connect Manufacturing Apps to KEPServerEX

I have one question about connecting Manufacturing Apps to KEPServerEX. I followed the tutorial step by step. After I set properties info, I got the server which is showed on the control advisor. However, the "Status" is always  connection off. I install my KEPServerEX and Manufacturing Apps on my laptop. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Our Thingworx composer is installed on the server, so do I need to install KEPServerEX on server, too? I am a little confused about this problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Greetings @mwu-21,

You should be able to connect KEPServerEX to ThingWorx on a separate PC, provided your network allows this connection to occur.

Starting with ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps 8.1, a Connection Info box was added to Controls Advisor that will display the Configuration settings needed in KEPServerEX. In Controls Advisor, select the server instance you are connecting with, then select the Key icon

ControlsAdvisorKey.PNG

Be sure the information displayed here matches the settings you have in place in your KEPServerEX Project Properties in the ThingWorx property group.

If you make any changes, select Apply. Now, what information is displayed in the KEPServerEX Event Log, from the ThingWorx Native Interface source?

Please also relate, what version of KEPServerEX are you using? What is the version of the Manufacturing Apps?

Best regards,

Steven M

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Greetings @mwu-21,

You should be able to connect KEPServerEX to ThingWorx on a separate PC, provided your network allows this connection to occur.

Starting with ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps 8.1, a Connection Info box was added to Controls Advisor that will display the Configuration settings needed in KEPServerEX. In Controls Advisor, select the server instance you are connecting with, then select the Key icon

ControlsAdvisorKey.PNG

Be sure the information displayed here matches the settings you have in place in your KEPServerEX Project Properties in the ThingWorx property group.

If you make any changes, select Apply. Now, what information is displayed in the KEPServerEX Event Log, from the ThingWorx Native Interface source?

Please also relate, what version of KEPServerEX are you using? What is the version of the Manufacturing Apps?

Best regards,

Steven M

mwu-21
4-Participant
(To:stmarchessault)

Hi Steven,

It works! I found I input the wrong thing name in property.

I very appreciate your help!

Top Tags