cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Connecting Thingworx Industrial Connectivity to Thingworx

ggmurp01
6-Contributor

Connecting Thingworx Industrial Connectivity to Thingworx

Hello I'm trying to connect Thingworx Industrial Connectivity to Thingworx. Upon doing so I keep getting an error message of:

Date Time Level Source Event
10/16/2019 9:48:50 AM Error ThingWorx Native Interface Connection to ThingWorx failed. | Platform = http://XXXXX:80/Thingworx/Composer, error = the host could not be resolved.

I have checked the Thingworx link matches, the app key is correct, and the Thing name matches exactly to the Thing name in Thingworx.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ggmurp01
6-Contributor
(To:ggmurp01)

I fixed the problem. The version of Thingworx Industrial Connectivity I was running just needed to be updated. After the update everything is coming through fine.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @ggmurp01.

From the screenshots, I see these things that may be culprits:

• Legacy mode is enabled.  Try turning that off.
  • Check the Thing name in Composer to be sure it's accurate.
  • In the error message, the url is indicated as http://XXXXX:443/Thingworx/Composer.  Port 443 is a secure port by default, so the protocol should be https.

Let us know if you still have issues.

Regards.

--Sharon

ggmurp01
6-Contributor
(To:slangley)

My port number was incorrect I changed it to 80. I tested the port with the url and was able to hit Thingworx. Unfortunately when i put the url in the host and the port number in under the Property Editor I'm still getting and error. I've also tried it with Legacy mode Disabled. I believe my problem is with the Resource property. I'm running a cloud instance of Thingworx so the Resource: /Thingworx/WS  will be invalid.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @ggmurp01.

Is the cloud instance hosted by PTC?  If a trial version, you will not be able to connect Kepware.  You can download one of the 90-day trials for installation on your own machine and should then be able to connect.

If PTC Cloud is hosting a paid instance, you will need to open a case for the Cloud team for opening the needed ports to allow your Kepware instance to connect.

Regards.

--Sharon

ggmurp01
6-Contributor
(To:slangley)

This is a PTC Cloud paid instance. I got it to connect to my Industrial gateway thing in Thingworx. I was able to discover my device tags. Then I bound the tags to a new entity(Remote Thing). Unfortunately, my data is not coming through. Under properties on the Remote Thing none of the properties values are updating and the connection status is saying: Disconnected. Also, I am getting a error code from Industrial Connectivity saying: Error adding item. | Item name = ' '.

ggmurp01
6-Contributor

ggmurp01
6-Contributor

I fixed the problem. The version of Thingworx Industrial Connectivity I was running just needed to be updated. After the update everything is coming through fine.

Top Tags