cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Error importing Demo Factory DataSet

olatz
12-Amethyst

Error importing Demo Factory DataSet

I have a Thingworx 8.3 instance on Ubuntu working and added Manufacturing Apps 8.3.0. The proccess of importing the neccesary extensions went OK. 

I am trying to import the Dataset "DemoFactoryDataSet.zip" from the guide "Connect Factory Assests Using Controls Advisor (Guide 1)" but the following errors are shown:

----

ErrorCode(af70920f-afd8-4700-9438-a4f0a78b5bdd), Cause(com.thingworx.contentmanagement.ImportExportAsyncHelper.<init>(Lcom/thingworx/security/context/SecurityContext;Lcom/thingworx/contentmanagement/ImportExportAsyncHelper$TaskType;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)V), Reason(A Java method definition was not found at runtime.), Possible Resolutions([1]=Verify that you are compiling against and running against the same Jar and/or class definition versions., [2]=Verify that you have including the correct version of the Jar file in your Extension manifest file as a Jar Resource.)

----

----

[context: com.thingworx.webservices.context.HttpExecutionContext@23074eaa][message: Unable to Invoke Service ImportConfiguration on PTC.Factory.Administration.ImportExportUtils : com.thingworx.contentmanagement.ImportExportAsyncHelper.<init>(Lcom/thingworx/security/context/SecurityContext;Lcom/thingworx/contentmanagement/ImportExportAsyncHelper$TaskType;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)V]

----

I know that the guide is written to work on a Manufacturing Apps 8.4.0 but I supposed that it would work with a lower version (in my case is 8.3 because is the only version that I can download from "PTC Software Download Page"). 

Any help or idea?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
olatz
12-Amethyst
(To:olatz)

Finally I had reinstalled the server with the verision 8.4.3. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
hchanana
16-Pearl

Hi @olatz ,

Please try downloading and importing demodata from below url.

https://learningconnector.ptc.com/content/tut-5593/learning-workshop-1-configure-manufacturing-data-set-and-simulator-for-the-thingworx-manufacturing-a

This bundle contains pdf guide also which provides the instructions for installing demo data.

Thanks,

Himanshu

olatz
12-Amethyst

Finally I had reinstalled the server with the verision 8.4.3. 

Top Tags