cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Error sending notifications on Alert

md'ambrosio
8-Gravel

Error sending notifications on Alert

Hi all,

I 'm trying to configure notifications in case of alerts. see attachment.

I created an user, MaintenanceManager role, adding my e-mail as recipient (not gmail)

but I don't receive any notification, even if the alert is active.

In ThingWorx monitoring I can see the error:

Error sending notification for Notification Handler PTC.SCA.Common.AlertNotification.MailServer Entity [PTC.SCA.Common.AlertNotification.MailServer] service [Notify] requires Administrator privileges

Can you please help? thanks! Martina

Also modified permissions but the error is still generated

4 REPLIES 4
SebB
12-Amethyst
(To:md'ambrosio)

@md'ambrosio 

in your screenshot i can see that you are using port 465 for SMTP but referring to this website: https://www.wpsitecare.com/gmail-smtp-settings/

this is the port for SSL, so you have to check the "Use SSL" check box.

Please note that some company security network policy do not allow the communication with a different mail server.

Seb

Seb
Principal Solution Experience Architect
PTC

Hello Seb,

thanks, I set SSL but it does not work.

The error is:

Error sending notification for Notification Handler PTC.SCA.Common.AlertNotification.MailServer Entity [PTC.SCA.Common.AlertNotification.MailServer] service [Notify] requires Administrator privileges

I will ask if company security allows sending e mails

Thanks Martina

I think that the security policy is not the problem as I got the same error when I try to send text messages (with Twillio).

thanks Martina

Some apps and email clients doesn't meet Gmail security standards , they use less secure technologies to log you into Gmail account , and servers blocks these requests by default. In order to resolve this issue, log in to your Gmail account through a web browser and enable access through less secure apps.

To enable "less secure" email programs to access Gmail:

• Navigate to the 'Less secure apps' page.
  • Toggle to turn this feature 'ON'.
Top Tags