cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Error when exporting data and configuration

jarsenault89
4-Participant

Error when exporting data and configuration

Hello,

I'm receiving the following error when trying to export data and configuration from manufacturing apps in preparation of upgrading them to 8.3.

Error while processing task : com.thingworx.contentmanagement.DataExportProcessor.exportAllDataObjects

I've already upgraded the ThingWorx platform to 8.3 without issues, and I haven't been able to find any documentation on how to upgrade the manufacturing apps, so I want to cover all my bases with the data backup.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @jarsenault89,

You can find the ThingWorx Apps Setup and Configuration Guide at the url : https://www.ptc.com/en/support/refdoc/ThingWorx_Apps/8.3.0/ThingWorx_Apps_Setup_and_Configuration_Guide

The upgrade steps are mentioned on the page 9 in Upgrading ThingWorx Apps section.

For upgrading you need to upgrade the ThingWorx Platform to 8.3 version and need to import 8.3 version of Manufacturing apps extensions available at the support portal.

For investigation of error you are facing, please provide the steps you are following and share the application logs to investigate further.

Thanks,

Himanshu

jarsenault89
4-Participant
(To:hchanana)

Hello,

To reproduce I'm selecting the export configuration and data and selecting include data on the export screen.

then I'm clicking export.

image and application log attached

Hi @jarsenault89,

This error occurs in case when Manufacturing apps version is not compatible with ThingWorx Platform version.

Since you are using ThingWorx Platform version 8.3, you should use Manufacturing apps 8.3 version.

Import the compatible version of Manufacturing Apps to ThingWorx Platform version and then try to export data and configuration.

Thanks,

Himanshu

If my response has answered your question, please mark as Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

Hi @jarsenault89,

In regard to your post around Manufacturing Apps, if the previous response provided you with the guidance you were looking for, please mark it as the Accepted Solution.  However, if you still have questions, please feel free to post them here.

Thanks,

Himanshu

Top Tags