cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How to give administrator permissions for thingworx manufacturing apps to new users?

PM_9712905
4-Participant

How to give administrator permissions for thingworx manufacturing apps to new users?

I've added users to the Administrators group and Factory Users group as well. But they are unable to view all the tiles, they are just able to see the Thingworx Composer and Demo Manufacturing Planning.

What are the permissions I've to give them or Groups I need to create for the same.

Below is the Screenshot of the mashup which shows Composer and Manufacturing Planning.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @PM_9712905 ,

Please add the user to below usergroups :

• FactoryLicenses
  • FactoryUsers
  • Controls Engineer/Maintenance Engineer/Maintenance Manager or Production Manager (whatever required)

Thanks,

Himanshu

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @PM_9712905 ,

Please add the user to below usergroups :

• FactoryLicenses
  • FactoryUsers
  • Controls Engineer/Maintenance Engineer/Maintenance Manager or Production Manager (whatever required)

Thanks,

Himanshu

I believe this has been resolved, the issue is you need to create users from Manufacturing apps configuration and setup ->Users tab to have proper permissions to view the tiles. From Administrator you can create users by previous way and then assign them to particular group as required( from apps dashboard only). If the users is needed to see all the tiles assign them to Controls Engineer group. I believe in your case you created these users directly from ThingWorx and assigned them to the group form composer only, try doing the same from manufacturing apps dashboard only.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:PM_9712905)

Hi @PM_9712905.

If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags