cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

IoT Gateway Write Socket Error - Azure IoT Hub

LL_10077020
1-Newbie

IoT Gateway Write Socket Error - Azure IoT Hub

Hello,

I am having a issue where the IoT Gateway, in an intermittent way, loses connection from IoT hub, then it starts a loop of errors trying to connect and being disconnected with the following messages:

Note: I hid the agent and broker link for security reason.

Date Time Level Source Event
5/10/2023 1:16:13 AM Warning KEPServerEX\Runtime The MQTT agent 'My agent' published events buffer is full. Dropping new data change events
5/10/2023 1:16:14 AM Information KEPServerEX\Runtime MQTT agent 'My agent' is connected to broker 'My Broker Link'
5/10/2023 1:16:14 AM Error KEPServerEX\Runtime MQTT agent 'My agent' disconnected - reason 'Connection reset by peer: socket write error'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I reinitialize the application, it connects again. Is there a fix or mitigation action I can set in kepware? For exemple, to restart Iot Gateway automatically

Thank 

1 REPLY 1

@LL_10077020 ,

Please take a look at the Kepware knowledge base article in the following link. Although, the article is for an IoT Gateway Rest Client I believe the suggested resolution also applies an IoT gateway MQTT Agent disconnecting due to a full buffer:

Article - CS308348 - IOT Gateway REST client agent dropped data change events in KEPServerEX / ThingWorx Industrial Connectivity (ptc.com)

I recommend opening a support ticket with the Kepware Technical Support team if the article isn't able to resolve your Issue. Here is a link to the my kepware page, where a ticket can be submitted:

Thanks,

*Chris

Top Tags