cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Manufacturing App Properties not updating

dstid
3-Visitor

Manufacturing App Properties not updating

Hi, 

I'm using the manufacturing app to monitor machine availability. My status codes were not working and I realized that when I look at the "Additional Properties", my Boolean data points are not reflecting what's in Kepware, they just say "False".

I'm using Kepware where the tags are updating correctly in real time. I have the additional properties bound to the correct tag from Kepware. 

Any idea why these wouldn't be updating?

2 REPLIES 2
SebB
12-Amethyst
(To:dstid)

Hey @dstid ,

from your description everything sounds correct.

Could you post a few screenshots of the property and the binding in Thingworx and the property in Kepware. Thingworx and Kepware log would also help to find out what wrong.

Seb

Seb
Principal Solution Experience Architect
PTC
zackp
6-Contributor
(To:SebB)

we had this problem occurred in two plants already, where tags in Kepware are updating but in Thingworx, they are not. Seems pretty random. Two machines of the same type and same setup, one could be working fine while the other not. For example, mode = Auto in Kepware while in Thingworx, still unplanned downtime. 

These tags show up in Control Advisor as Bad or Unknown. They are "Good" in Kepware. 

Top Tags