cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

National Instruments cRIO to Kepware to Thingworx MFGApps

kturon
8-Gravel

National Instruments cRIO to Kepware to Thingworx MFGApps

Please can anyone help with informations about connectivity NI to Kepware? We did LabView project and used NI Shared Variables Engine as OPC tag generator and on Kepware side we created OPC DA client chanel and it working, but when we connect cRIO with shared variables then we can not run the source software. My question is:

1. Is possible to connect directly NI cRIO to Kepware?

2. Is possible use SharedVariableEngine as OPC server or we have to use Kepserver as OPCserver?

3. Or has anyone experience how to do this kind of connection?

I can share more detailed information about if someone would help.

I really apreciate every help.

Thx Karel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rlabbe
6-Contributor
(To:kturon)

Hi Karel,

Thanks for the question. First, connections from Kepware to the cRIO can be made by leveraging the MODBUS interfaces that are available on the cRIO. However, if you already have this data in an OPC server, you can use the OPC client drivers as it seems that you have tried.

I'm unsure of why your solution was working prior to making changes in the NI software. But either solution should work. If you'd like to discuss further feel free to provide more information to our Pre Sales team at Kepware here: presales.support@kepware.com.

- Ray

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rlabbe
6-Contributor
(To:kturon)

Hi Karel,

Thanks for the question. First, connections from Kepware to the cRIO can be made by leveraging the MODBUS interfaces that are available on the cRIO. However, if you already have this data in an OPC server, you can use the OPC client drivers as it seems that you have tried.

I'm unsure of why your solution was working prior to making changes in the NI software. But either solution should work. If you'd like to discuss further feel free to provide more information to our Pre Sales team at Kepware here: presales.support@kepware.com.

- Ray

kturon
8-Gravel
(To:rlabbe)

Hi, thx for your response. Now we have working solution for demo purposes, I/O from cRio to Kepware and to MFGApps and after some presentation we will see what we can do next.

Karel

Top Tags