cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

The default status configuration error from PhysicalAssetThingTemplate

vinesh
8-Gravel

The default status configuration error from PhysicalAssetThingTemplate

Hello,

As shown in attached image, I am trying to add an asset in the Asset advisor Configuration page. But I am getting the error as shown in the pic. I tried editing the PhysicalAssetThingTemplate template but it is not editable as it is from the extension. Am I missing out something here?

But I have no problem in doing the same in older version of Thingworx.

Current Version: 8.5.0-b12.

Thanks in advance.Error Message.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vinesh
8-Gravel
(To:vinesh)

SOLUTION:

I had missed out the "Post Import Database Configurations" steps as given in the https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_apps/r8.5/en/#page/thingworx_apps%2FThingWorxAppsSetupConfig%2Fimporting_the_thingworx_apps_extension.html%23.

Upon performing those steps, there was no such warnings,

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
hrajpal
13-Aquamarine

Hi,

Go to Thingworx Composer and run the service CreateTables for the thing PTC.SCA.SCO.DatabaseManager. After execution of this service, try the equipment page again.

Thanks,

Himesh Rajpal

vinesh
8-Gravel
(To:hrajpal)

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried doing what you said but got error. here is the scrip log details:

1. Error in: PTC.SCA.SCO.DefaultStatusManager.ReloadStatusDefinitions javascript service 

2. com.thingworx.dsl.exceptions.DSLRequestProcessingException: Execution error in service script [ValidateDefaultStatusExpressionsByTemplate] :: An error has occurred. Contact your administrator for further details. 

Everything works fine till 8.4 update. The problem is only in 8.5.

vinesh
8-Gravel

Also to mention, I have carefully added the relavent extension package for 8.5. I have followed the instructions as given by PTC to import the Thingworx Manufacturing apps extension package.

vinesh
8-Gravel

Looks like there have been some buggy changes made in the 8.5 version of Manufacturing apps extension. As a workaround, I imported the 8.4 version of Manufacturing apps extension to 8.5 version Thingworx and it worked without any issue. I hope I won't face any problems later.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @vinesh.

Just want to make you aware that running ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps 8.4 on ThingWorx 8.5 is not a supported configuration and it is expected that you will experience problems.

Regards.

--Sharon

vinesh
8-Gravel

SOLUTION:

I had missed out the "Post Import Database Configurations" steps as given in the https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_apps/r8.5/en/#page/thingworx_apps%2FThingWorxAppsSetupConfig%2Fimporting_the_thingworx_apps_extension.html%23.

Upon performing those steps, there was no such warnings,

Top Tags