cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

effectivness computation

gch
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst

effectivness computation

Hello,

According to https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/apps/r9.0/en/#page/thingworx_apps%2FCustomizing_the_Apps%2Fcalculating_kpis.html%23 the Effectiveness is calculated using 

PRI*PQ/APT

In my current case it means:

4.513*23/140

But my effectiveness is 45% instead of 74 %. What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hchanana
16-Pearl
(To:gch)

Hi @gch ,

Below is the logic for calculations of the KPI’s.

OEE = Availability X Quality Ratio X Effectiveness

Availability = actualProductionTime_APT / plannedBusyTime_PBT.

Effectiveness = (( Δ producedQuantity * plannedRunTimePerItem_PRI) / actualProductionTime_APT).
Where Δ producedQuantity_PQ = producedQuantity_PQ - producedQuantity_PQ_firstValue (which stored in the kpiCacheValue property, this value is changed at the beginning of a shift).

Quality Ratio = Δ goodQuantity / Δ producedQuantity.
Where Δ goodQuantity = goodQuantity_GQ - goodQuantity_GQ_firstValue (which stored in the kpiCacheValue property, this value is changed at the beginning of a shift).
And Δ producedQuantity = producedQuantity_PQ - producedQuantity_PQ_firstValue.

When any KPI parameter seems to be incorrect, please check the kpiCacheValue property and compare the stored producedQuantity_PQ_firstValue and goodQuantity_GQ_firstValue with the current values (i.e. producedQuantity_PQ and goodQuantity_GQ respectively)

Thanks,

Himanshu

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
hchanana
16-Pearl
(To:gch)

Hi @gch ,

Below is the logic for calculations of the KPI’s.

OEE = Availability X Quality Ratio X Effectiveness

Availability = actualProductionTime_APT / plannedBusyTime_PBT.

Effectiveness = (( Δ producedQuantity * plannedRunTimePerItem_PRI) / actualProductionTime_APT).
Where Δ producedQuantity_PQ = producedQuantity_PQ - producedQuantity_PQ_firstValue (which stored in the kpiCacheValue property, this value is changed at the beginning of a shift).

Quality Ratio = Δ goodQuantity / Δ producedQuantity.
Where Δ goodQuantity = goodQuantity_GQ - goodQuantity_GQ_firstValue (which stored in the kpiCacheValue property, this value is changed at the beginning of a shift).
And Δ producedQuantity = producedQuantity_PQ - producedQuantity_PQ_firstValue.

When any KPI parameter seems to be incorrect, please check the kpiCacheValue property and compare the stored producedQuantity_PQ_firstValue and goodQuantity_GQ_firstValue with the current values (i.e. producedQuantity_PQ and goodQuantity_GQ respectively)

Thanks,

Himanshu

Top Tags