cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

license renewal

LaurentGermain
6-Contributor

license renewal

When connecting t o the console as administaot,r i have no option to update the license.

So i can not acces to control advisor apps

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Greetings Bruno,

The 'Update License' option is available only in the Express / Developer license view. If you already have a ThingWorx Platform license, the Manufacturing Apps extensions can be imported into the licensed platform, and all licensing will be handled through the ThingWorx Platform.

Best regards,

Steven Marchessault

Technical Support Engineer | Kepware Technologies

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

I deployed the Manufacturing Apps extensions on a local TWX 8 deployment and I am facing the same issue. The "Hamburger" menu is not displaying the "Update License" option ...

Greetings Bruno,

The 'Update License' option is available only in the Express / Developer license view. If you already have a ThingWorx Platform license, the Manufacturing Apps extensions can be imported into the licensed platform, and all licensing will be handled through the ThingWorx Platform.

Best regards,

Steven Marchessault

Greetings Laurent,

Did you complete the Express installation of the ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps, or did you import the apps as an extension into an already existing and licensed ThingWorx Platform?

Also, please take a screenshot of the tiles contained in your current Console view and post it to this thread.

Best regards,

Steven Marchessault

Hello Steven,

As a workaround i installed the freemium packaged install.

So i have a 30 days license.

The issue bruno is having above is how to get a license when deploying extensions over an existing TW8 instance.

Laurent,

After installing the Express packaged install (with the 30-day license), did you find you are able to access the Controls Advisor apps?

Best regards,

Steven Marchessault

MFG_Missing_License.PNG

Here the message I get after configuring my KepServer...

I started from a clean TWX 8 install and I deployed Manuf extensions.

Then I accessed: http://localhost:8011/Thingworx/FormLogin/Welcome

1. If you are using the Manufacturing apps installer you will get temporary licenses for 30 days. You should able to get the proper license mean time and update it.

2. If you are using the extension, you will not have license for these modules. You need to request and update them as you do normally for TWX8. The license file should include these additional modules on top of what you already have.

Thanks,

Varathan

mthakker
6-Contributor
(To:BrunoD)

Hey Bruno,

You'll have to get a new license to get access to twx-mfg-common.  I'll forward one, as well as detail how to access these files.

Thanks!

Milan

Top Tags