cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Handles position and orientation

mcielok
13-Aquamarine

Handles position and orientation

Hello,

up till now I did not yet go back to the cause of this behavior: I imagine that, based upon the way a part is modeled and possibly moved, it happens that this part, when selected, will show handles that are misaligned with respect to the principal axes (see Handles.PNG).
Is there a way to modify the alignment of the handles associated with a part?

Thank you

Marco

5 REPLIES 5
SmallCrucianCar
14-Alexandrite
(To:mcielok)

Hello, Marco.

You can change the direction of the displayed handle by clicking on a face or edge.

I don't think you can change the direction of handle shown first because there is a fixed rule.

Your problem is complicated and thisanswer may not solve it.

KevinDe
11-Garnet

Hello Marco, 

I had this case several times. It can be solved.

The issue is, you have a coordinate system inside your part also. If this is orientated wrong, you will have this behaviour. 

Can you otherwise share this model? Then i can have a look if i'm correct.

BR,

Kevin

mcielok
13-Aquamarine
(To:KevinDe)

Hello Kevin,

model attached.

The structure tree does not show any coordinate system.

Thank you for attention.

Regards,

Marco

KevinDe
11-Garnet

Hello Marco, 

You will not see them in the browser, this is an internal "coordinate system". A better meaning to this is the origin of this part with the U - V and W axis. 

When you have a look to this parts, you will see that the origin is far away and also turned.

SavacoKevin_0-1621264782578.png

SavacoKevin_1-1621264837088.png

PS: To show this, it's custom code from our firm Savaco

So i placed the origin on the part and in the correct direction and you will see that the 3D Copilot will appear in the correct position.

SavacoKevin_3-1621265056636.png

SavacoKevin_2-1621265048387.png

The "problem" is, this is all custom code, but by default in our configuration for our customers. So i can't give you this code, but i can tell you the real problem 🙂

Thanks

Kevin

mcielok
13-Aquamarine
(To:KevinDe)

Good morning Kevin,

I feel like thanking you for confirming that the problem concerns a specific coordinate system of the part and that I apparently cannot solve it by myself in a reasonable time...

Well, really not a lot for me and not a lot for you😂.

Best regards

Marco

Top Tags