cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Help required on assigning system ID for models being done in Creo/Direct

SreedharanM
1-Newbie

Help required on assigning system ID for models being done in Creo/Direct

Hi,

I require a clarification on Creo Direct system ID for model.

While I upload the files in Windchill it shows conflictions if all Creo Direct models assigned into same systems ID. So the customer wanted to change the system ID of each model created in Creo Direct.

Please help me in solving this issue.

Thank you,

Sreedharan

10 REPLIES 10

Hi Sreedharan,

Can you clarify the Cad App? Creo Elements/Direct 18.x or Creo Direct 2.0?

If you mean Elements/Direct (this forum), then i guess you are using the Windchill WGM?

Unlike Model Manager, i don't believe there is an "Assign New SysID" (if anybody can correct me on this, i would be interested to know where this function is)...

So if that is the case, you will need to copy the existing part in Elements/Direct Modeling, and this will generate a new sys id on the part.

Additionally, I am curious as to why you wish to 'change the sys id' of models. The message that you are seeing is indicating that this part already exists in this db. The only reason for changing the sys id of the non db part is if you require a new part to be created - is this your intention?

Apologies if i have mis understood your request or your query is not related to the Elements/Direct products.

Thanks

Barry

ngiacom
14-Alexandrite
(To:SreedharanM)

Hello!

Did you solved your issue?

I need the same thing now.

I need to fix corrupted assemblies with missing parts then I need to create empty parts with the missing SYSID.

I saw commercial solutions (like http://www.cadadlatus.de/Anleitung_SysID_Change.pdf) but which is the trick?
Which is the hidden function to do it?

Thanks

PeterKehoe
5-Regular Member
(To:SreedharanM)

There are a couple of ways to change the System ID, but it depends on what you are trying to achieve.

The easiest way to change it is to make a copy of the part. The copy will have a different System ID. Copy the Model Number if necessary, and then delete the original. This works well if the part had never been saved before.

I haven't saved to the Windchill database much; I use Model Manager instead. With the Model Manager interface there is an option to 'Assign new SysID to local model' when there is a System ID conflict.

ngiacom
14-Alexandrite
(To:PeterKehoe)

Hello Peter,

I need to set a specific SYSID, not a new one.

I don't have Model Manager.

Thanks

Nicola

ptc-4750045
4-Participant
(To:ngiacom)

Boolean Unite to unite the part (sys id you want to have in your new part) and have the new part as the tool.

ngiacom
14-Alexandrite
(To:ptc-4750045)

I tried Boolean Unite, it requests 2 parts. It doesn't ask SYSID, how can I set it?

Thanks

Nicola

ptc-4750045
4-Participant

The Boolean Unite has Blank and tools, the tools will be added to the Blank sys ID
ngiacom
14-Alexandrite

Hello, I'm sorry but I don't understand.
I have a SYSID to set in a new part: 066454-1652680598-50568d3dd2-0 39998610

I don't have a part with that SYSID, it was lost.

The user remodeled the part but now it has a new SYSID.

I need to set in the new part the old SYSID: 066454-1652680598-50568d3dd2-0 39998610

How can I do this with Boolean Unite, please?

Thanks

ptc-4750045
4-Participant

You need to have the part with the sys ID you want- it can even be an old part- just cut a small part of it (that can fit inside your new part) and unite
ngiacom
14-Alexandrite

Then the Boolean Unite command is not the solution of my issue...

Top Tags