cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

New improvment request chosing color or tag in part list

ptonnel01700
4-Participant

New improvment request chosing color or tag in part list

It will be very appreciate in new version after 20.2 to have possibilty to chose a color or a tag for each part in part list.

4 REPLIES 4

Assigning a color to parts (only parts, not assemblies) has been there for ages.

You can even set a color of choice for any new part created.

If the functionality of the standard product is not enough for you, you can write your own

dialog to select/set the color.

IMHO there is no need to wait for an enhancement

Ia was talking about the part list as we can have more than 200 parts in the same assembly, and names are not always the best to identify quickly some disired parts that we are working on.

For exemple orange for a part that will mean some work still to be done on it or green ok, etc ...

It could be also tags like stars, icons, etc ...

That can all be done with existing functionality.

It seems that you first need to specify clear requirements - then you can start implementing

this based on existing SolidDesigner I-KIT functionality.

Nobody except you can tell which parts should be marked as "green" (Ready).

If you are working with Model Manager, you are getting this for free.

Just *release* the parts that are finished, then they will be shown with a "lock symbol" in the parts tree

and you will not be able to make changes to such parts.

Also, using Model Manager, your parts have a Status that can be inquired via I-KIT (read-only yes/no),

so based on that it would be quite simple to assign Colors to the parts which are not "finished".

However, once you release such a part, you would need to update the color.
Overall, the idea initially looked simple, but may turn out to become a major effort.

Yes I unsderstand, but it could be a simple coulor flags system like Microsoft Outlook for example.

These would be usefull during designing period for the CED user, that would be CED "Parts Pos it".

Top Tags