cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Thingworx Trial REST API failed

aalbot
1-Newbie

Thingworx Trial REST API failed

Hello, I got the Thingworx Trial Edition and installed it. But when I tried to use REST API, it seemed not work.

My test url is: http://10.66.15.150:80/Thingworx/Things/AngelThing/Properties/TestNumber?method=put&value=23&appKey=dab2dc0b-c371-4b9e-8…

I tried to use the PUT method but the data seemed not update.

Here are the screenshots.

It likes a GET method, why? What should I do?

BTW, when I used this REST API method in the Thingworx 5, it worked.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:aalbot)

There is an additional security feature that has turned off the ability to do PUT and POST

We took that away due to security risks, so you can do actual REST POST with something like Postman, but not from the URL line.

It can be turned on (but you will put yourself at risk) by going to the platform subsystem and allowing the Switch Request method.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

There is an additional security feature that has turned off the ability to do PUT and POST

We took that away due to security risks, so you can do actual REST POST with something like Postman, but not from the URL line.

It can be turned on (but you will put yourself at risk) by going to the platform subsystem and allowing the Switch Request method.

mattavidhant
4-Participant
(To:PaiChung)

I'm unable to turn that feature on from the thingworx composer  (https://twx.studio-trial.vuforia.io/Thingworx/Composer/index.html) in the platformsubsystem. Also I'm unable to setup a server on tomcat.

Aanjan
9-Granite

Adding to Pai's reply, here's an article from our knowledge base regarding allowing REST calls through the browser.

aalbot
1-Newbie
(To:Aanjan)

Hi Aanjan,

Now I'm using the Security Method, but thanks very much.

Angels

Top Tags