cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

2020 LiveWorx Transforms to Online Event

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager

2020 LiveWorx Transforms to Online Event

Hi, PTC Community,

Breaking news

LiveWorx 2020 will now be delivered as a free virtual event.

From the LiveWorx Team:

"The health and well-being of all customers, partners, employees and our broadened community members is of the utmost importance to us.

In light of the global coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we have decided to reimagine LiveWorx 2020 as a complimentary virtual event. This decision was not taken lightly but is in alignment with the best practices laid out by the CDC and World Health Organization."

Be sure to watch the LiveWorx Blog for updates.

My Thoughts 

Every year, I look forward to meeting and visiting with many of you at LiveWorx at the PTC/USER  booth which is the hub of customer connection during the conference. I’ll miss you in June, but I think all of you understand why this is necessary. In fact, I know you do.

As suggested by PTC Community member, @Marco_Tosin, "we should treasure every moment" as he shared his personal account of  what is happening in Italy on the PTCooler , our PTC Community lounge or "off-topic" board.  (Please feel free to use PTCooler as a source of encouragement to each other during these uncertain times.)

We value each and every PTC Community Member.  Please take every precaution to be safe and healthy!

Looking ahead, I am excited to find out what the LiveWorx virtual conference brings, and hope you are too!

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Jaime_Lee ,

I'm writing here to give you an update that I think is important for everyone, but if I'm writing in the wrong place, please let me know.

I live 60 KM north of Vò one of the two initial hotbeds in Italy and where there was the first victim.

This is the link to the Wikipedia page in English of Vò

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V%C3%B2

This is instead the Veneto edition of the public service news, in Italian, but already from the title, that can be easily translated, you can understand how it was possible to stop the contagion in the town of Vò (3,300 people)

https://www.rainews.it/tgr/veneto/video/2020/03/ven-coronavirus-vo-euganeo-padova-contagi-modello-d3aa1fb4-4000-4fe4-8b71-09897880c4e2.html

This is the link to the interview, again in Italian, with a retired immunologist, one of the world's leading experts, in which he suggests extending swabs to all people at risk and not only to those with symptoms.

https://corrierefiorentino.corriere.it/firenze/notizie/cronaca/20_marzo_17/tamponi-tutti-bivio-adesso-cominciamo-ospedali-edb36ab4-682c-11ea-8372-e06aa5c607e8.shtml

I hope it will be useful to those who read and also serve to convey our experience.

Marco
Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:Marco_Tosin)

Thank you, @Marco_Tosin you can keep updating here as you see fit or add to your original post. I just moved the post to its own thread titled:  "Covid-19 Account from Italy" in the PTCooler!   (Feel free to provide me a different title).  I hope others will use this opportunity to stay connected and be a source of encouragement for each other.

Top Tags