cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Font change

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Font change

Is it just my view of the Community, or was it a global setting (not under my control) that changed the font of the text of postings in this community.

I have some serious objections to the new font. There is NO discernable difference between a 0 and an o,  (those are a zero and a lower case o) and the difference between . and , (a dot and a comma respectively) is too small.

Please change the font back to the previous one, or choose another font that clearly discerns 0 from o, , from . and i from l, 1 and I (this is a problem encountered in some other fonts).

Luc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
olivierlp
Community Manager
(To:olivierlp)

As announced above, we changed the font yesterday so that the numbers display in a consistent manner. 

Olivier

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:LucMeekes)

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:LucMeekes)

@LucMeekes 

Hi, I added this conversation to bring up to the Community Team.  @TomU is correct that the font change is tied to the UI changes we made with the Community Homepage.  We brought the newly suggested font to some active community members (including a heavy Mathcad user) before implementing the change. The specific issue with "zero" and "O" did not come up.  We appreciate you bringing this to the forefront.

I second your thoughts about the new font. The representation of the numbers is just horrible  - not only because of the reasons you mentioned but also because its quite confusing having that mix of normal (68), lowercase (012)  and subscripted (3457) numbers.

I won't suggest going back to the font we had before as it was far to light and hard to read but rather going back to the font we had before that.
I can also imagine that a font with serifs is better suited for body text than a fancy font like this.

olivierlp
Community Manager
(To:Werner_E)

Bad oversight on our part - very sorry about that. 

To replace into context, the specific change of font is to align the PTC Community with PTC.com and the PTC Knowledge base - there is a branding aspect to it. We overlooked that the font we used displays the numbers 3 different ways - very annoying: 

olivierlp_0-1656447439582.png

In context, it looks like this currently (just some copy with words and numbers): 

olivierlp_1-1656447663331.png

We are preparing a change to be published in a few days that will show a slightly different version of the same font. It will display the numbers in a cleaner way: 

olivierlp_2-1656447759092.png

Olivier
olivierlp
Community Manager
(To:olivierlp)

As announced above, we changed the font yesterday so that the numbers display in a consistent manner. 

Olivier
Top Tags