cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Why is it not possible to edit his own posts?

FriedhelmK
17-Peridot

Why is it not possible to edit his own posts?

Example: I see when checking my just sent post that I accidentally attached a wrong file as an attachment and would like to replace it with the correct one.
(This happened to me just now).
I also can't find a button that offers a change option. Or am I blind?
1. is it intended that the owner can not change his own post after sending? (Or is this only the case on weekends ?)
2. since when has this been the case? I remember that it was possible before.
3. found this post, what of it is still valid. After all, moderators have replied there !

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Community-Feedback/Editing-a-post-not-possible/m-p/493475
4. if it is not possible to change afterwards, then should come before sending a clear warning that announces that.
Suggestion
If the owner makes a change, it will appear forced at the end of the post
Edited by 'username' date + time.
So the readers can see if the post was changed after they have read it.
And because the owner knows that this remark is coming, most people describe what they have changed.

Best regards

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AndrewK
Community Manager
(To:FriedhelmK)

Hi @FriedhelmK. The time limit is now 60 minutes, and if you need to make changes after that use the "Notify Moderator" button and they will help you with editing older posts.

Thanks @StephenW for showing how to do this.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II

You should be able to edit a post for a short period of time after posting. I don't specifically remember the amount of time given, maybe 15 minutes.

You get to the edit via the 3 dots on the top-righthand side of your post.

StephenW_0-1669029529045.png

***I added this sentence within EDIT to verify***

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for your answer.

Will try immediately.

Edit:  And here the modification. 

Ok found it.

Now I will try it at the next opportunity in another forum as well.

Kudo you get now, I will mark it as correct if the test in the other forum is successful.  😉

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )
AndrewK
Community Manager

Hi @FriedhelmK. The time limit is now 60 minutes, and if you need to make changes after that use the "Notify Moderator" button and they will help you with editing older posts.

Thanks @StephenW for showing how to do this.

Hello Stephen,

As promised

> I will mark it as correct if the test in the other forum is successful. FriedhelmK_0-1669575115339.png

But unfortunately another user beat me to it.
Anyway, you were the first to answer.
Thank you and of course thanks to AndrewK 
I will keep an eye on the 60 minutes rule.

Top Tags