cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Using Old MathCad

ptc-3835316
1-Newbie

Using Old MathCad

I have owned Mathcad for over13 years, starting before 2001. The last version I purchased and installed was 13 (upgrade). I used it infrequently because

lack of work in my area and being "retired" from regular work. Recently I completely upgraded (new processor, board, etc).one of my computers and changed from Win XP to Win 7. I installed MC 2001 in compatability mode on this computer, but there seems to be some problems using it. I can't seem to get the newer versions to install on this computer. PTC told me that my versions will have errors problems with Win 7.

I have another computer similar to the new one which has s setup to select Win XP or Win 7 so I can use some older software with Win 7. I want to install the MathCad 2001 on this computer and use it to install the later MathCad upgrade versions up to Version 13. I can then remove MC2001 from the other computer to comply with PTC license requirements.

I contacted PTC and was contacted by Cristian Georgescu. The bottom line is PTC will not send me new license code unless I can get the software to generate a "Release Code". The "upgrade" versions will not generate the Request Code and I am afraid to try to install MC 2001 on the computer with the two operating systems because I don't know if it will work if I leave the install version on the upgraded computer. I sent a email over a week ago to Mr. Georgescu and asked him to call me to discuss what to do, but so far no reply.

Is there anyone who has some insight into what can be done (other rhan purchasing new software from PTC) to allow me to use my newest version 13 on my computer that has Win XP OS?

1 REPLY 1

with the help of "More Like this" I was able to install My latest version of Math Cad. thanks for the help.

Top Tags